Wednesday, December 4, 2013

52 Pick-me-up: Get Layered

CREATED/ PURCHASED/ PURLOINED/ LINKS/ 
This week for 52 Pick-me-up, see how many layers you can pile on.
Northern hemisphere, layers to keep to warm. Southern, floaty light layers.
Here's my version:
scarf -- piece of Italian rayon yardage, Warren Z, 1983
knit shawl -- Tibetan, Brooklyn
tunic -- my design, vintage rayon from Pilgrim Mills [closed], Providence
dress -- Old Navy, deep sale ($7.99)
leggings-- work sample
socks -- Happy Socks
creepers -- Fluevog, SF
I felt an 80's vibe wearing this. Maybe because I got both the printed rayons in that decade.
The black and white squiggle is sample yardage that I picked up when I worked as a sample cutter.
It was my first "fashion" job when I was at Otis.
I've made a couple of tunics out of the other fabric. On the selvedge, it says "'Parchment' a fabric styled by John Launay".
It reminds me of Parisian illustrations from the 50s.

And here's a rare closeup:
I wrapped the "scarf" on my head so that I could join in Judith's December Hat Attack.
Her linkup party is still open for a few more days, if you care to join in.

I'd love to see your layered look. Share below!