Sunday, February 1, 2015

52 Pick-me-up: Hat Trick

PURCHASED/ PURLOINED/ GIFTED 
This week is all about hats. Judith, the Style Crone, hosts "Hat Attack" on the first of every month.
She asks us to "...display your hat, headwrap, headpiece, fascinator, hair flower, headband or other adornment for your head..." This time the linky parties shall align, despite the fact that Mercury is still in retrograde.

I'm featuring my collection of ribbon hats.
They are made in China, I think with leftovers from apparel manufacturers. I bought them all at the 99 Cent Depot in Culver City, for $1.99!
[Screen capture from my Tumblr]
Here's the first one that I bought:
The ribbon is printed with this: "get wrapped in the fabric of MIMCO...........for frolicking"
What does that mean?
I played "match the hat" with a tee and scarf:
And:
And:
And:
And:
This last look has further permutations yet to occur. When they happen, you'll be the first to know.

My personal ribbon hat stack:
That's a drawing by Cidney Hochman behind the hats, not that you can see it.
What's your hat trick? Link and tell!