Monday, February 24, 2014

SpyGirl Interviews Pinkie Ginger Pie

I saw these photos of Pinkie Ginger Pie on Facebook (I'm friends with her mom). She fashioned an amazing look for her school's 80s Day. The judge was sorely misguided when she awarded the prize to someone else. Pinkie is THE winner in my book. She recently turned nine -- Happy Birthday Pinkie Ginger Pie!
Did you have a muse (someone that inspired you) for your look? Was there any one particular person or was it a combination of sources or did you dream it all up on your own?
Cyndi Lauper was my inspiration, she always has crazy outfits! Her music videos helped me dream it up. And my Mommy loves the 80’s.

Did you do research? Where?
Yes, I watched all of Cyndi Lauper’s videos. And I have seen every episode of Punky Brewster!

Your rainbow tulle skirt is totally awesome! Did you (or someone, who?) make it?
Yeah, my Mommy made it for an 80’s party that she went to. I asked her if I could wear it. 
Your attention to detail was outstanding! Where did you find all that stuff? Rainbow suspenders? Jewelry? Glove!?
The rainbow suspenders and the glove came from Claire’s and the jewelry was Mommy’s that she got from the gift shop that she works at.
The socks! The secret mismatched socks! Where did you get that idea?
That’s how Mommy always wears them, so that’s how I wear them

Got any plans for your Halloween costume?
Not yet, but I am thinking about human Pinkie Pie (from My Little Pony: Equestria Girls) Mommy and I will make the costume together. I love helping Mommy make costumes because I want to be a fashion designer one day! I have A LOT of ideas!

May we check back with you in October/November to see it?
Yes! I would love to share with you :)

Watch out world -- Pinkie Ginger Pie is a force to be reckoned with!