Thursday, March 7, 2013

Los Angeles Fashion Council Fall 2013 Collections Day One

I met up with Heather of The Style Confessions and Amy of A Sunny Day In LA outside of 838 So Los Angeles for the Los Angeles Fashion Collections shows, hosted by the Los Angeles Fashion Council. The venue, in downtown LA, was a beautiful space to view the collections of ISM Mode and Sarine Marie.
free lunch!
First sketch. That's Sarah of 365hangers on the right [but not in the sketch].
I don't know the name of the gal I sketched.
The ISM Mode presentation:
The "backstage" dressing room was upstairs.
The models sidled elegently down the staircase.
My favorite piece from ISM Mode: 1/2 dyed striped skirt
One of my ISM Mode sketches
Designer/owner Inka Sherman after taking her bow.
Between shows, we took a coffee break (no pix) next door in the Cooper Building.
Then, returning to 838...
Heather gave me some classic Style Confessions poses --
it took me a while to catch on to what exactly she was doing!
People watching...
Ms Sassy!
Cindy worked the room for 1st Class Fashion
The Sarine Marie presentation:
I stood and sketched almost every look.
[I'll do a recap of all my runway sketches in a separate post -- very happy with the results].
the ruffle sleeve sheath
Sarine Marie Berberian, designer/owner.
The shows over, I got this one last shot of some manly color blocking:
Thank you LAFC for a wonderful time!
I wish I could return today to see SOLDAT, 8000 Nerves, and Odylyne.
Alas, I already had a prior meet up scheduled at LACMA... but ya never know, plans could change!

"About Los Angeles Fashion Council:
Los Angeles Fashion Council was founded in 2011 by Kelsi Smith, to promote, educate and support Los Angeles fashion designers through shows, show rooms and other retail and promotional projects in Los Angeles, nationally and internationally.
Designers are selected by our team, and must be L.A based, in business for one year and have produced a minimum of two collections. There are no fees for designers and participation in any of our programming is either free or at cost price."
[from LAFC press release]