Sunday, June 17, 2012

Shirts of Our Fathers

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!
Here is "something special" that I pulled from Larry's treasure trove:
Ha! I got a little over-zealous hiking up my tube skirt!
These are two very strange pieces: the widest tie I've ever seen and the insane op art shirt. Let's look closer...

The "tie" (probably really a sash):
measures 7.5" at its widest part!
100% acetate twill, made in Japan
The shirt:
Whoa! Op art!
Notice the blue here on the sleeve placket and at buttonhole --
imagine how the body used to look before the blue faded.
OK, maybe you'd rather not.
Not only is it an Oleg Cassini,
but
it was worn by FATHER Keney
OMG, right?
The ensemble, one more time:
Can you see the major design flaw?
How on my right side I have a concave breast* and a goiter on my rib?
It's a VERY disturbing shirt, if you ask me.


That's why I'm keeping it!
Horrible 100% nylon knit and all!

Severo gets the tie, if he wants it...

If not... to the resale pile it goes...
or should I keep it?
* I DO have a concavity there, but I DON'T need it emphasized! And I DON'T have a goiter, thankyouverymuch.