Monday, June 20, 2011

IFB Project: Heirloom Tomato

click on images to see bigger 
text:

My grandmother's hand tailored dress from British Hong Kong

The First IFB Project Task:


Find a prized possession a family member gave you. Something you hold near and dear to your heart. Whether it be a necklace, a blouse or even a piece of furniture. What makes it’s special to you?
My Aunt Ricky gave me this when I moved to Manhattan in 1977. It was her mother's (my paternal grandmother) and I think Aunt Ricky got it in the 60s. I'm not sure when my grandmother had this made. I would guess the 50s. It fits like a glove.
the detail on the neckline is beautiful
cool label
When I see this dress in the closet I think of my grandmother and how exotic she appeared to me. She passed away when I was very young (five or six) but I remember her distinctive regal air.
------
See all the responses here on IFB